Friday, 26 May 2017

MARABU - DIY SAILOR PINEAPPLE SHIRT*

Hi guys,

you should already know, that my passion for pineapple home decoration, patterns on different clothes items, cookie cutter etc. is HUGE!:) Therefore I inspired myself for another DIY tutorial with the highend Marabu textile painters*, fashion sprays*, which are available in a ton of different colors and shades.


First of all you'll need a white plain cotton shirt. I've bought mine at H&M, as I don't have a lot old white shirts, which I'd love to re-decorate, therefore I had to buy one, but if you have or tend to have a huge variety of old shirts in white, black or creme shade - go for it! And of course you'll need some textile painter* (thicker ones here) and fashion sprays* - which shade?! That's your own choice, I've choosen simply a dark blue textile pencil (the thick one), a light grey pencil (the thin one).


There is an huge selection of thick textile pencils by Marabu but I found, that for detailed patterns you shouldn't forget to get some thinner one too, just that you aren't surprised if your pattern will look not as 3D as if you'd use first a thin and than a thicker one.


I'm definitely not the best painter on earth, but I tried my best and tried to paint as much as possible pineapples, in different shapes and designs.


Unfortunately the pineapples aren't really visible on the pic' above, as the light grey shade reflects almost the same as the white cotton blouse itself the sun light. On each arm I decorated the end with stripes as well as on the collar, to create a kind of 50s maritime sailor look.

Did you've already tried out to create your individual shirt with Marabu textile painters* or fashion sprays*?!

Yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment