Sunday, 11 June 2017

RECIPE - BRAIN POWER SMOOTHIE

Hi guys,

so few days ago I posted a picture of my fresh blended "brain power smoothie" on my insta account, which I blended in my Blend Active Personal Blender from Breville and used the recipe from the blog called Gimme Some Oven (here):

 

I had a ripe avocado at home and some frozen blueberries as well as chia seeds and bananas (I guess all of you have bananas at home on a regular healthy diet or?!:)). And I started to browse all kind of different blogs to find a perfect smoothie with these ingredients, until I found this recipe.

 It's super easy and the ingredients are easy to find in any grocery store, if you run out completely of fresh or frozen fruits/vegetables, besides the pomegranate juice - which I skiped this time as I didn't found a fresh pomegranate as well as I've not found any packed already ready to drink pomegranate juice in my local grocery. But I'm sure, that's the only ingredients, which can be skiped without hurting or distroying the great taste of this smoothie.


Ingredients:

1 ripe banana (don't use the green ones, they need to be ripe to give the needed sweetness to the smoothie, otherwise you'd need to use a sweetener, which you don't need with a ripe banana!:))

1/2 of a ripe avocado (peeled and pitted, you know, that it's ripe if it's smooth and blends creamy otherwise it's useable more for a salad)

1-2 cup(s) of blueberries (fresh or frozen, I prefer frozen, as they gives the needed "shake" taste, and as a lazy kid' in the morning I just skip the ice cubes:))

1 cup ice cubes (which can be easily skipped with frozen blueberries)

1 cup pomegranate juice (which I didn't found in the grocery as well as another berry juice can be used, if you don't mind cherries - as the regular berry juices have cherries in it and I hate them!:))

1-2 tsp. chia seeds (I'm not sure, I guess I've done almost 2, sorry Ali:))

and of course a blender, of your choice - as mentioned I used the Blend Active blender by Breville


I can just recommend to try this "Brain Power" Smoothie out, as it's full of healthy stuff, filled me/my stomach for almost 3 hours (therefore great as breakfast!:)) and helps to activate and strength my thoughts - as yours!:) 

Yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment